Front end submission: position of the pin

• oorzaak
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #2198 by oorzaak
Hi Fabrice,

On this page: www.transitienetwerkmiddenveld.be/transitiekaart/aanmelden I've set up a form for front end submission of points of interest. Unfortunately we discovered that not all submitters click on the button Search, which sets the pin on the map on the correct position.

As a first measure we changed the title of the button to (the equivalent of) Confirm, which we think will give the submitter a more urgent impulse to click it. However it would be much better if (a) the pin was set automatically or (b) clicking the button would be requested in order to sumbit the form.

Could you please help me on this issue?

Kind regards,
Frits
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 6 months ago #2201 by gmapfp
Hi,

With the Pro version, you can required the fields of latitude and longitude !
  • oorzaak
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #2203 by oorzaak
Replied by oorzaak on topic Front end submission: position of the pin
Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your reply, I tested and this solution works.

However, as you may remember I made another site with GMapFP on it before this one. On the other site, the user did not need to click in order to confirm the location. That is of course easier and more user friendly. See: www.opdekopgevallen.be/post-je-foto

I do not understand why there is this difference between both instances of GMapFP. Maybe I did something wrong when setting up the newer one?

Kind regards,
Frits
More
10 years 6 months ago #2206 by gmapfp
Hi,

In the second site, you have activated the "autocomplete address".

GMapFP parameters / Backend fields manager / Autocomplete address
  • oorzaak
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #2213 by oorzaak
Replied by oorzaak on topic Front end submission: position of the pin
Hi Fabrice,

That does the trick indeed, thanks!

Unfortunately I see another issue now. When I have entered an address the pin is positioned on the map, but it's position is not very accurate. It becomes more accurate when zooming in and at the deepest zoom level it is very accurate after all. Also after submitting an item the position is correct (not influenced by zoomed in while submitting). Yet it can be a bit disturbing for users to see that the pin seems not to be in the right position.

You can check this at my test setup: test.transitienetwerkmiddenveld.be/transitiekaart/aanmelden

It is safe to submit test data here.

Kind regards, Frits
More
10 years 6 months ago #2214 by gmapfp
Hi,

I send you an update. It was a bug.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds